WHEN DO WE COLLECT?
We collect Personal Information when you:
- give it to us
- more specifically, when you request more information;
- register or apply for a program, either directly or a third-party website;
- or communicate with us in any way.
We also collect information by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies when you visit our Site. Read more about that in 3, 2, 1 …
WHAT DO WE COLLECT?
When you visit our Site, our third-party service providers automatically receive and record information such as your web request or IP address on our servers. We also may send one or more cookies – a small file containing a string of characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Cookies make it easier for you to use the Site during future visits.
Do cookies freak you out? That’s fine. You can use your browser to block cookies from your browser. But be warned, if you block or remove cookies, the Site might not work properly for you.
We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including personally identifying information such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, educational background, educational and career goals and interests, and credit card information (“personal information.”)
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Koru uses your personal information to:
- respond to your inquiries;
- provide you with important information about our programs;
- administer, support, improve, and develop our business;
- and communicate directly with you.
We do not share your Personal Information with any third parties or non-affiliated companies for their marketing purposes. No Spam. Promise.
We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries (including program instructors), to comply with legal obligations, to protect and defend our rights, as required by the law, for the prevention or detection of a crime, and with your permission.
If we sell the Company or part of it, or our business enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we may disclose your information to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services.
WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION STORED?
Your information will be held in the United States of America. Your information may also be stored, processed and accessed in other countries where Koru has facilities. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of your information outside your country, including to the United States.
HOW CAN YOU CHOOSE WHAT INFORMATION WE HAVE?
You can let us know if you do not want us to send you information by taking the following steps:
- To stop further delivery of informational emails, click the opt- out link at the bottom of these messages;
- To let us know about your other communication preferences, shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify all the email addresses, postal address information, and phone numbers that you may have submitted to us, so we can ensure that we respect your wishes;
- You can let us know if you do not want us to share your data with other companies by either emailing email@example.com Again, please identify all the data you have submitted to us, so we can ensure that all your email addresses, postal address information, and phone numbers are marked “do not share.”
WHAT ABOUT SECURITY?
Your privacy is important to us. We employ security measures to protect your information both online and offline from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Unfortunately, the Internet is the Internet, and we cannot guarantee the security of the information you provide us. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
WILL THIS CHANGE?
WANT TO UPDATE YOUR PROFILE?
If you are a registered member of the Site, you may review and update your Personal Information by clicking the “Update My Profile” icon on your membership page. If you have any questions about our treatment of your information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a comment? How about a query? We can be best reached by email at:
Or by snail mail at:
100 W Harrison St. N210, Seattle, WA 98119