We Are a Culture of We
Full-Stack Software Developer
Koru is looking for a Full-Stack Software Developer to join our team. We create technology solutions that help employers hire, develop, and retain the best talent. Our hiring science measures essential applicant competencies beyond GPA, major, and college reputation. Koru has developed proprietary IP to measure these competencies and has built a network of Fortune 500 clients who using Koru at scale across their organizations. The ideal team member is excited about about the opportunity to join a small but mighty team looking to super serve our existing customers while developing code for a high quality product experience. They will be ready to develop the next generation of predictive analytics and career success solutions.
Who we are
Koru helps large employers source, screen, hire, and retain a more diverse and successful workforce. Our customers work with Koru to optimize human capital and increase hiring efficiency, diversity, and employee retention. Using a proprietary data model, Koru measures the Koru7, seven non-cognitive skills that are predictive of job success: Grit, Rigor, Impact, Teamwork, Curiosity, Ownership, and Polish. These skills are combined with other predictors of performance to create a unique, data-driven fingerprint of a company’s high performers and draw forth candidates who are poised to be top contributors.
The result of the Koru system is higher productivity of early stage workforce, fewer bad hires, increased effectiveness, and lower cost of recruiting. To date, Koru has built partnerships with over 80 employers, including: AirBNB, Citibank, Zillow, LinkedIn, and Microsoft. With venture backing from Andreessen Horowitz, Maveron, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, and many others, Koru is well positioned to transform the human capital space. For more information on Koru, please visit www.joinkoru.com.
What you be working on:
- Improving the Koru Hire AI-based hiring application by contributing features, bug fixes, and other solutions. You’d be coding in a modern architecture comprised of Node.js, microservices, & Postgres on AWS that is heavily integrated into our predictive analytics and machine learning data science.
- Developing microservices to fulfill customer needs and drive the direction of our offerings. A typical microservice is built using Python and/or Node.js and deployed using AWS Lambda.
- Working closely with the entire product team to deliver engaging and delightful user experiences that help companies hire the best possible talent with the widest diversity footprint. It’s important that you know that you have an active voice and ownership in the overall quality of our product. We utilize Angular/React with a variety of data visualization frameworks to develop informative and modern interfaces.
Who you are:
- 1-3 years of experience in software development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the computer sciences.
- Ability to code with Node.js and/or Python.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL.
- Strong working knowledge of RESTful web services and systems integration.
- Interested in working with data scientists who have expertise in machine learning, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and time series analysis. Background in these topics is a plus.
- Team player that recognizes that great software gets written by a group of diverse thinkers.
- Desire for new challenges and the opportunity to grow immensely in your career as a computer scientist.
- A high degree of ownership that leads you to persistently test and invent new solutions or technologies.
- Passion for the Koru mission of helping great employers make great hires and helping talented applicants land great-fit jobs.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Koru provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Koru complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Koru expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Koru’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.